Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Getting Launched"

     1st: When I first get or think of a topic to write about I try to research as much as I can on that topic or go back to a certain chapter in the book. After I start writing an outline to get an idea of what my flow is going to be for the paper. My third step would be creating topic senctes for each of my body paragraphs. I usually write my introduction until the end of my paper, because my thesis might change. For my fourth step I try to look for quotes or facts for about every paragrah. And finally I start writing my paper.
    One of the steps I would like to "try on" from John R. Trimble would be step two, because I think my subject is to broad and I would like to make it narrow and specific for my audience. Step four can help me create new paragraphs with simple questions that not only will I have, but perhaps my reader has as well. One step that can benefit my writing would be seven, because I would free write whatever I have to say and at the end get key points from there or opinions. The most important step would be five, because it has to do with the thesis and I learned that my thesis needs to be arguable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment